Copyright protected 2009 -2016. Please email should you wish to use any content of this blog at shelterblanche@gmail.com


Thursday, October 22, 2009

Boys wll be boys! Give me strength!


I have spoken before of my boys....but, my word, am I up for a challenge!
My son has decided to become self -employed. This has meant, that the last few weeks have had me in a flat spin, as, other than being a mother, wife and working with my husband, I have had to set up office for him, too. But always wanting to encourage my boys to follow their dreams, I now find myself being behind him 100%.
I really need extra energy for this.

My vegetable garden is flourishing despite the vicious winds and drought my nick of the woods is experiencing!
I picked a huge bucket of spinach and made a dinner for one or TWO! Anyway, just for me and my darling!

I fried some bacon, then drained and kept 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat. Then fried some mushrooms and 1 onion and 1 clove of garlic. I boiled some new potatoes and put everything back in the pan, added 1 tablespoon of cranberry infused balsamic vinegar. Left the spinach leaves on the top to wilt. Added salt and pepper. Tossed and enjoyed!

I believe all boys, despite their age, have that competitive impulse! They love the taste of victory and in preparation for my son's new adventure, I think of " small wages, bitter cold, aching body, long months of complete darkness, safe return to working for a salary doubtful.....but honour and recognition of success and most importantly, Faith, being humble and prayer!

Let's go for it, Wes!

See you soon.

Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment