Copyright protected 2009 -2016. Please email should you wish to use any content of this blog at shelterblanche@gmail.com


Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Menu: 2 - 6 August Part 2

I'm back! My nerves are finished!

I've just taken my youngest for a driving lesson in my "bakkie" in extreme traffic...anyway, I have the rest of what's for dinner at Solomon for Thursday and Friday.

I have so many ripe avo's , the result of bargaining with my favourite coloured man at the park.
So for Thursday I thought of Salmon fishcakes, mashed potatoes and a little avo salsa!
We use tinned Salmon ,or you can use fresh,
For 4 people, I use 2 big tins, 3 boiled and grated potatoes, 2 grated onions, 1 finely grated raw carrot, seasoning, a little fresh thyme and parsley. Mix thoroughly and add flour and a beaten egg to bind.
Roll and coat in flour and fry in hot oil 'til nicely brown.
Serve with the mash and the avo salsa! I combine avos, tomatoes, a little spring onion with salt, pepper and a dash of white wine vinegar. This is how my mother taught me to make it! Delicious!

Friday! Grilled Stuffed Aubergines and Sweet multi coloured Peppers with a bolognaise Sauce and covered in a creamy, oh so creamy, cheese sauce. (Especially made for me and honey as the boys are out on the town!) Serve with a good crisp white wine and fresh baguette for mopping up all the sauce!
There you have it, another week of recipes....now I can get on with my office work and not worry about what's for dinner for the week!


Bon Appetit!
Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment