Copyright protected 2009 -2016. Please email should you wish to use any content of this blog at shelterblanche@gmail.com


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blue and White and Love!

It was to be a tablescape with sprigs, birdnests and all the spring colours. We have a little family of birds in our garden who have just had chicks...so we awaken to much chirpy chatter each morning! This morning was no exception......

However, being such a perfect morning and having my youngest on holiday, I decided to set a table near the pool with everyday china that I have had for donkey years!









All the shell detail....



The menu!
Muesli, yogurt and blueberries.
Fruit platter.
Mini Blueberry Muffins and coffee.













And a poem by Grace Wolgemuth...

That Little Boy of Mine.
Two eyes that shine so bright
Two lips that kiss goodnite
Two arms that hold me tight
That little boy of mine.
No one could ever know how much your coming has meant.
To me you're everything. You're something heaven has sent.

You're all the world to me
You climb upon my knee
To me you'll always be
That little boy of mine.

Please join me over at Susan for Tablescape Thursday!http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Shel

6 comments:

  1. I just love the blue and white! So soothing!!! That's the way to enjoy the morning: by the pool, lovely table, delicious food. Ah! The good life!!! Very pretty! Thank you for stopping by my blog, too. I so appreciate your generous and kind comments! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! I've never seen this dinnerware pattern; it is so pretty. Who makes it? I could sit at you table and listen to your birds chirping all day long. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the Shels:) are great..and the hearts..and the whole setting..Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah so pretty and inviting!!
    Happy Tablescape Thursday~~~

    I would love to join you by the pool!! Lovely setting!

    xo
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shel, What a sweet tablescape! The fruit platter is stunning. I'm sure your little boy was delighted. It will be something special he'll always remember. The poem is such an expression of a mother's heart.
    Thanks for your visit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shel, I would love to be sitting at your breakfast table, it is lovely with the soft blue and white. Your fruit platter adds just the right amount of brightness to your table. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete