Copyright protected 2009 -2016. Please email should you wish to use any content of this blog at shelterblanche@gmail.com


Friday, July 20, 2012

Melkos ~

A real treat...soft, comfort food.....
my husband's favourite food......




Recipe~
8 cups of milk
1 cup flour (all purpose)
1 tsp salt
2 T ground cinnamon
1 t baking powder
2 T butter
2 T milk
(I halved the quantities and also added sugar to our taste with the milk)

In a deep saucepan over a medium heat, heat the milk with the sugar until warm.
In a mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, b/powder and cinnamon
Rub the butter into the mixture, then add the 2 T milk and combine until the mixture resembles bread  crumbs.
Add this buttery flour mixture to the warm milk and simmer for 20 minute,stirring occasionally.
Serve hot in teacups or small bowls, sprinkled with a little cinnamon sugar.




4 comments:

  1. It sounds so interesting..I have never heard of this Shel~ Love the pics:) have a super weekend.Princess:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh this takes me right back to my childhood and my gran's kitchen in the Bushveld!! I have not made this for years and I am going to make it! Thanks for your visit to my blog! Next time you come to The Mother City...email me so we can meet for coffee!!! ronnieclark@mweb.co.za! Would be lovely to meet you.

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shel, I am looking forward to colder weather and giving this recipe a try. It looks and sounds delicious! Thank you so much for sharing it. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...my alltime favourite - can't wait to try xxx

    ReplyDelete