Copyright protected 2009 -2016. Please email should you wish to use any content of this blog at shelterblanche@gmail.com


Sunday, January 9, 2011

My African Mielie Bread ~

The Recipe:
Makes 1 loaf:  So easy~

2 x 410g tins of whole kernel corn, drained and minced.
3 large eggs
salt and freshly ground black pepper totaste
2 tsp white sugar
pinch of ground nutmeg
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
1/2 cup of milk
200g grated cheddar cheese plus extra for serving
1/2 cup of cake flour
2 tsp baking powder

1. Preheat oven to 180degree C
2.Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour in the batter, Bake until golden and cooked through...about 1 hour
4. Serve warm, topped with extra cheese.

 So nice as a snack on it's own....or accompanment to a braai.....







A lovely loaf for a gorgeous sunny day in South Africa!
My mistake!.....I didn't mince the kernels.....?? still yummy though!

See you soon.
Shel!

5 comments:

  1. I have never made a loaf like this..and will save the recipe..It does look sunny and delicious..Beautiful Shel!The setting is nice too:) W/ Harrod's and the butter dish that looks like a crown a bit on top..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you didn't mince the kernals. This looks like a full meal in and of itself. My mouth is just watering. I will have to try this this week. Your design of your photo is fabulous too, it really sets the mood. Thanks for the birthday wish! I had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these lovely comments... @M:} the bar towel...a gift from long ago, from my sister-in-law....and the butter dish...a local artist...Carol Boyes..I believe she is internationally aclaimed.
    @J:} You have had a wonderful break..looking forward to seeing more pics of that delightful place.
    Shel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I love corns in bread. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    I'm having the very first GIVEAWAY on my blog. Please stop by to submit and entry. Good Luck.

    http://utry.it/2011/01/happy-birthday-to-meand-very-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sell and buy used and new goods.
    Post ads for free or get free account via Facebook Login in one click.
    More details free online ads

    ReplyDelete