Copyright protected 2009 -2016. Please email should you wish to use any content of this blog at shelterblanche@gmail.com


Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Blueberry Crumpets

Somehow I have a spring in my step despite the cold....and enjoying fussing about in my kitchen!
My little visitor is in Cape Town at the moment but this morning I thought so of him.....
So Dan♥ these are for you........made with much love from your (favourite) aunt!

Blueberry Crumpets.....




Recipe♥

2 cups plain flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs
4 teaspoons melted butter
250ml milk
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Sift flour , b/p and salt into a bowl.
Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl, add milk and melted butter.
Fold the dry ingredients into this mixture and mix until a smooth batter is formed. (Don't overmix)
Bake on a hot griddle....and drop a few blueberries onto each flapjack before turning.
Turn and griddle on the other side.
Serve with honey, jam and cream.

So Dan...as soon as you get back...I will enjoy making these again for you and your
 Thomas Edison ♥!!!






 Oh happy day
Shel

2 comments:

  1. Ahh even the cat is part of the decor..

    Dan ..he is so lucky to have you in his life..and vice versa..
    The crumpets look perfect..I enjoy looking at the sidebar pics very much Shel:)

    ReplyDelete